What is Preventive Dentistry?
- Preventive dentistry is the modern way of helping you keep a healthy mouth.
- It helps you to keep your teeth, and means you need to have less dental treatment.
- The two main causes of tooth loss are decay and gum disease. The better we prevent or deal with these two problems, the more chance people have of keeping their teeth for life.
- When the dentist, hygienist and patient work together, this can help to prevent the need for treatment and avoid the traditional pattern of fillings and extractions.
- Your dental team may recommend a course of treatment to get your mouth into good condition, and then work out a 'maintenance plan' to help you keep it that way.
Who Benefits from Preventive Dentistry?
Everyone benefits from preventive dentistry. Children in particular benefit because it allows their newly developing adult teeth to come in strong and healthy. Ageing adults benefit from preventive dentistry because it helps them to keep their real teeth. Oral health is connected to body health as a whole. This is because the mouth is a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Maintaining a clean mouth benefits overall health.
Click on the link to download our pdf about preventive dentistry.Download
Every tooth in a man's head is more valuable than a diamond.by Miguel de Cervantes